Gantt Chart Modern Library contains WinRT client components such as GanttChartView, and ScheduleChartView controls:
· GanttChartView control is used to display and update a list of task items (GanttChartItem objects) provided by the developer through the Items collection using a Gantt Chart and an optional attached grid.
· ScheduleChartView control is used to display and update a list of resource items (ScheduleChartItem objects) and their assigned task items (GanttChartItem objects) provided by the developer through the Items and Item.GanttChartItems collections using a Schedule Chart and an optional attached grid.
The task item properties (GanttChartItem objects) are presented below:
· Content: The object that is displayed to represent the task item in the data grid and in task bar tool tips, usually the task name, or the task name and the assignment owner resource name;
· Indentation: The hierarchy is based on the indentation level values of the tasks, so that a task with a lower index in the collection and having a specific indentation level will become the parent task for the tasks with a higher index in the collection and having an increased indentation level;
· Start, Finish, CompletedFinish;
· IsMilestone: A milestone task is displayed in the Gantt Chart view using a different task bar template;
· AssignmentsContent: The assignments content is displayed in the Gantt Chart view next to the associated task bar, but it is not used internally for computing/updating task finish date and time (generating duration) based on any updated assignments;
· Predecessors: The predecessors collection defines predecessor items (PredecessorItem objects) referring to predecessor task items that are displayed in the Gantt Chart view as dependency lines, but it is not used internally for computing/updating task start and finish date and times (generating work time intervals) based on its defined dependencies;
· IsExpanded: If a parent task is expanded its child tasks become visible. If a parent task is collapsed its child tasks become invisible.
· The resource item properties (ScheduleChartItem objects) are presented below:
· Content: The object that is displayed to represent the resource item in the data grid, usually the resource name;
· GanttChartItems: Contains assigned tasks (GanttChartItem objects) that are displayed in the Gantt Chart view as task bars.
The root assemblies and types that the library includes are listed below:
Gantt Chart WinRT Controls (DlhSoft.ProjectData.GanttChart.WinRT.Controls) assembly (DLL) and metadata package (WinMD):
· GanttChartView control (DlhSoft.ProjectData.GanttChart.WinRT.Controls namespace);
· ScheduleChartView control (DlhSoft.ProjectData.GanttChart.WinRT.Controls namespace).
Note that the root assemblies may have internal references to a few dependency assemblies, but only the root assemblies and types listed above would be licensed by purchasing a license for this product.
For your information, these are the dependency assemblies used by each of the root assemblies:
DlhSoft.ProjectData.GanttChart.WinRT.Controls assembly (DLL) and metadata package (WinMD):
To add references to the library assemblies within your solution project using Visual Studio®, please follow these steps:
· Select your project in Solution Explorer;
· Use the Add Reference command from the Project menu to open the Add Reference dialog window;
· Locate the product installation folder and select the assemblies you want to referencewithin the Browse section of the Add Reference dialog window;
· Click OK to close the dialog window. The assemblies are referenced in your project.
To be able to specify the referenced type names in your main source code without any DlhSoft namespace prefix, make sure you also include using or Imports directives and/or Register definitions for the appropriate namespaces in each of the referencing source code files.
To add the library WinRT controls as reference shortcuts in a Toolbox group within Visual Studio®, and to create control instances in the XAML user interface designer using the Toolbox, please follow these steps:
· Open the XAML user interface designer for a WinRT page, or another element that you want to add controls to;
· Open the Toolbox and display its context menu;
· Use the Add Tab command from the context menu to create a new group, such as DlhSoft, if the group you want to add the controls to doesn't already exist;
· Select the tab you want to add the WinRT controls to and display its context menu;
· Use the Choose Items command from the context menu to open the Choose Toolbox Items dialog window;
· Locate the product installation folder and select the controls you want to add using the Browse button and the main section of the Choose Toolbox Items dialog window;
· Click OK to close the dialog window. The controls are added to your Toolbox group;
· Double click a control reference shortcut icon from the Toolbox group to create an instance of that control within your page, or other element that is open in the XAML user interface designer.